The Women in Business Programme aims to raise awareness of the importance of gender diversity in the workplace in Taiwan through events and activities under three main themes: Share, Connect, Support and Celebrate.
The BCCT Women in Business Committee aims to become a resource for the support, sharing, education, and research of issues for Women in Business in Taiwan. We strive to engage our members and the greater community in activities that will facilitate opportunities for women, highlight issues important to the community, and actively improve the position for women in the workplace.
- Sharing experiences and best practices
- Empower women in Taiwan’s workplace
- Support women leadership in Taiwan’s workplace
- Support women entrepreneurship in Taiwan
- Research pay and position gap in the region
- Surveying – members, member companies and possibly facilitate Taiwan nation-wide survey
- Research network chambers on gender issues
- Partner with schools for research or collaborative projects
- Utilise members with existing research on gender issues
- Connect with Asia-wide networks
The British Chamber of Commerce Taipei is proud to launch our Women in Business Mentorship Programme. Over a six-month period, 30 women will form a dedicated support network for professional and personal development. 15 mentors and 15 mentees will be selected and paired based on what they want to achieve and meet regularly to work towards those goals. The process will be assisted and supported by the BCCT Women in Business Committee.
The mentorship programme is one way that you can take tangible steps to build greater diversity in business by connecting and supporting women as Mentors, Mentees, and Sponsors.
Let’s Talk about Mentorship: