Expand Your Business into North Asia with NES Fircroft’s Employer of Record Services
What are “Employer of Record Services” (EOR)?
An EOR solution helps companies do business or hire staff in a country where they don’t have an entity and, therefore, can’t sponsor work permits or handle employer liabilities. EOR solutions are beneficial to companies who want to:
- Expand globally to support strategic business growth
- Transfer specialist/management skills for a temporary period
- Staff one or more project(s)
- Create remote teams in a certain region
- Explore new business opportunities
- Hire a one-of-a-kind, highly skilled specialist, who does not want to move to your location, but who lives in a country where your company does not have an established entity
What does an Employer of Record do?
Simply put, an EOR legally employs a company’s personnel on their behalf, allowing the company to operate in the new location without going through the lengthy and time-consuming process of setting up their own legal
When clients engage an EOR, they enter into an agreement allowing the EOR to legally employ personnel through their local entities or via one of their local partners. The EOR is then responsible for handling employer liabilities and HR support.
The EOR will onboard, pay and manage the administration of the company’s employees on their behalf whilst the company retains the day-to-day management role of the employees.
The company still decides whom to hire, the compensation package, tasks, duties, and when to terminate the contract, whilst the EOR takes care of the administration and in-country employer compliance.
What are the benefits of using an Employer of Record Model?
Companies that use the Employer of Record model can benefit in many ways. These include:
- Saving the company the costs of setting up their own legal entity
- Saving the company time, enabling them to ‘hit the ground running’ and commence operations quickly
- Allowing the company to test the market abroad before committing to setting up their own legal entity
- Giving the company access to a local talent pool that is essential in the current climate
NES Fircroft Fortifies its Presence in Japan
Building upon 20 years of operating across Asia, in April 2023, we completed the acquisition of Japanese employment advisers Polarities Co. Ltd. (Polarities), enabling us to strengthen our service offering to the region further.
The combination of NES’s recruitment capabilities and Polarities’ proven track record with Japanese statutory and operational requirements provides a potent capability for international companies seeking employment solutions in Japan and Japanese companies seeking local/international talent or support outside Japan.
To find out more about how they can solve your staffing challenges, get in touch with their local experts.