Judging Process and Criteria
Submissions are assessed by our Judging Panel of leading experts based on the following criteria:
- Diversity Embedded in Company Value and Culture
- Clear company vision and culture that embraces diversity
- Set of values articulated and embedded in the services/products, policies, and code of conduct
- Making a Leadership Contribution to Diversity
- Level of leadership involvement and how they championed diversity through notable actions, role model behaviour and “walking the talk/talking the walk” approach
- Quality of the leadership-driven efforts- whether it’s sustained, consistent, open for inputs, and creates clear outputs that others can learn from
- Innovation in Diversity
- Creative and effective approaches that raise awareness on the value of diversity, tackle discrimination and marginalisation, and engage more stakeholders
- Broaden the scope of diversity and inspire people within and outside of the organisation to take actions
- Inclusive and open approach that allows for constant improvement and replicable results
Why a Diversity Award?
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion is at the heart of great business. Companies around the world now recognize that it is the rich diversity of a workplace that creates innovation and helps modern companies to thrive. Beyond simply inclusion companies are now very aware that it is in the diversity of ideas and backgrounds that the future of innovation lies. We are aware that across different organisations in Taiwan, some fantastic, innovative work in equality, diversity and inclusion is taking place.
A Diversity Award, open to Taiwan-based organisations from both the private and public sectors and under the banner of the British Chamber of Commerce in Taipei Better Business Awards, will provide a great platform to celebrate and share the achievements and learning from organisations in this important area. It will also, more crucially, become a valuable tool to acknowledge the organisations and individuals excelling in the area and to recognise the impact that their work has on their organisations but also on the wider communities and on society at large. Submissions can be made in the form of an individual or a team submission, but all have to be made under the name of a specific company or organisation.
This is aligned to our own aspirations at the Standard Chartered Bank and GlaxoSmithKline Taiwan to be organisations recognised as taking a leading role in international approaches to equality, diversity and inclusion.
The following diversity dimensions have been identified as global common areas of focus:
• Gender: To engage all genders in our continued support and progress towards gender equality
• Nationality & ethnicity: To have a workforce representative of our client base and footprint
• Generations: To leverage generational experiences to increase innovation and deliver products and services for employees and clients at various life stages
• Disability: To be a disability confident organisation with a focus on removing barriers and increasing accessibility
• Sexual orientation: To provide support, enable individuals to bring their whole selves to work and be appreciated for who they are and what they bring to the organisation
• Diversity of thinking: To enhance innovation as well as enable groups to reduce risks
How to Submit
- Organisations can submit up to 2 pieces of supporting evidence, explicitly referred/linked to the submission. Evidence can be attached to the submission form or emailed along with it.
- The nominations may include hyperlinks to internal/external websites within the word limit submission if relevant to it.
- The content of the submission and evidence will need to cover activity that has taken place within the 12 months preceding the award deadline.
*Note: In order to ensure fairness and diversity of awards, the winner of last year cannot reapply for the same award this year, but can apply for other award categories. However, this regulation does not apply to finalists.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or dial T: +886 (2) 2720 1919