This is aligned to aspirations at the Standard Chartered Bank and British Council to be the organisations recognised as taking a leading role in international approaches to equality, diversity and inclusion.
The following diversity dimensions have been identified as global common areas of focus:
• Gender: To engage all genders in our continued support and progress towards gender equality
• Nationality & ethnicity: To have a workforce representative of our client base and footprint
• Generations: To leverage generational experiences to increase innovation and deliver products and services for employees and clients at various life stages
• Disability: To be a disability confident organisation with a focus on removing barriers and increasing accessibility
• Sexual orientation: To provide support, enable individuals to bring their whole selves to work and be appreciated for who they are and what they bring to the organisation
• Diversity of thinking: To enhance innovation as well as enable groups to reduce risks
Judging Process and Criteria
Entries are assessed by our Judging Panel of leading experts in their area on the following criteria:
- Making a Leadership Contribution to Diversity
- Leadership within an organisation which has clearly identified a vision and set of values towards diversity within their services, policies, process and/or approaches.
- Championing diversity through notable actions, role model behaviour and ‘walking the talk/talking the walk’.
- Sustained, consistent, varied organisational inputs and outputs with a focus on diversity, which others can learn from and implement.
- Innovation in Diversity
- Led to fresh approach/es to developing awareness, understanding and changing perceptions; challenging discrimination and marginalisation; engaging others in support of diversity; or supporting greater inclusion either in employment or in access to services or activities.
- Support and inspire others to take action because it/they are especially creative, engaging and able to be replicated in other contexts.
- Support and contribution to their organisation raising its profile and/or to making a leading contribution to international aspects of diversity.
*Note: In order to ensure fairness and diversity of awards, the winner of last year cannot reapply for the same award this year, but can apply for other award categories.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or dial T: +886 (2) 2720 1919
(This regulation does not apply to finalists)