Intralink is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic candidate for a client & customer-facing, business development/sales/strategy consultancy role.
The role involves proactively running hands-on business development projects with a range of responsibilities, including business development and sales, market entry strategy development, account management and interpretation. The position is a challenging one that offers the successful candidate the opportunity to gain valuable skills and career-building experience.
As a Taipei-based role, this position is ideal for a Taiwanese national who has lived and studied in an English-speaking country at university level and has returned to Taiwan to leverage skills learned abroad. We also welcome applications from foreign candidates who are currently residing in Taiwan and are fluent in spoken & written Chinese.
- Planning, research and analysis using information gathered in Chinese and English from the internet, phone calls and face-to-face meetings
- Identifying, contacting, meeting, and presenting to Taiwanese target customers/partners
- Managing the whole sales process from initial lead generation to negotiation, closing deals, and account management
- Driving business discussions to identify the best route to market for Intralink’s clients (direct sales, licensing, channel selection)
- Developing and implementing long-term market-entry strategies for Intralink’s clients
- Interpretation and technical liaison between Intralink’s client and local Taiwanese customers
- Writing regular meeting notes and reports in English for clients
- Arranging client visits and accompanying clients on market visits in Taiwan
- Other related business development and administrative tasks
- Fluent spoken and written Chinese & English
- Strong presentation & writing skills
- Experience in business development, market research, consulting, sales or technology
- Understanding of the Taiwanese business environment and an interest in technology
- Candidates meeting the following criteria will be given preference:
- Experience working in or with technology, including but not limited to life sciences, medtech, pharma and materials, software, semiconductors, AI, materials, biotech, engineering, electronics, telecoms, energy, automotive
Additional info & Applications
Intralink is a dynamic, international business development consultancy with a deep specialism in East Asia. We enable Western companies to expand in Mainland China, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan – fast, easily and cost-effectively. We have a 30-year track record and 85 employees in Oxford (headquarters), London, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, Boston and Silicon Valley.
In Greater China, we’re a friendly, ambitious team of 20 and growing. We’re privileged to work with an inspiring range of US and European clients — from tech start-ups to multinationals – as well as some of the biggest companies in Asia.